While on vacation in Turkey I decided to post a list with things I learned during my time there. Now I would like to share with you my new found wisdom after a week in Samos.
– Flies can actually bite! And no, I am not imagining this; At Pappa Beach I have watched them sitting down on my skin, searching with their nozzle (or however call this thing) for the best place to bite. It definitely stings!
– On Sunday there is no room cleaning service in the hotel.
– It’s possible to ruin a Greek salad with a tasteless dressing.
– Sleeping on a pebble beach is reflexology on the back. Not sure it helps though.
– The Greek are good losers. They didn’t cry foul when they lost in the World Cup.
– Don’t eat fried fish in Greece.
– Samosan wine (not only the sweet one) tastes of summer and is quite quaffable.
– Don’t trust the guide books. Ask the locals for opening times.
– Enjoy the moment. It’s lovely as it is!