As done on many previous occasions here is a list of all the things I learned in Nepal:
1. Dogs here sleep during the day but bark all night (but then if they don’t bark at night the silence gets an eerie quality).
2. Toilet paper in a European managed hotel has by far superior quality.
3. Everything is better with a friendly smile and the Nepali are always smiling.
4. Sometimes all it takes is a bit of luck or 90 minutes.
5. Trekking is overrated. While I do appreciate the scenery, I prefer to race ahead and just arrive.
6. Nepali parents are co-parenting. I have seen as many fathers as mothers with their offspring.
7. Wifi that’s working is nothing more than amazing.
8. The media is always manipulating. We traveled through Nepal while my friends at home thougt the whole country was destroyed.
9. A walk through the jungle is not a piece of cake.
10. The scooters are driving on electricity. So beware of the stealth mode, they kill you silently from behind.
11. There is a lot of spitting going on. Try to get out of the spit line.
12. Sometimes the price you are willing to pay for something is a lot higher than the asking price (and as a general rule: after an earthquake there is no bargaining).
12. Main dishes in Nepal are Momos and Dal Bhat.